SDCC 3.3.0 Release
SDCC 3.3.0 Release schedule
|Delivery||Planned date||Actual date|
|SDCC 3.3.0 RC1||2013-05-04|
|SDCC 3.3.0 RC2||2013-05-11|
|SDCC 3.3.0 Release||2013-05-18|
See the SDCC 3.3.0 Release Plan.
SDCC 3.3.0 Tasks
If you think there is a functionality that should be included or a bug that needs to be fixed in the SDCC 3.3.0 release, please submit it to the Feature Requests at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=599&atid=350599 or Bugs at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=599&atid=100599 and copy Request ID and Summary fields to the following table, where:
|Request ID:||Request ID from Feature Requests or Bugs|
|Summary:||Summary from Feature Requests or Bugs|
|Proposed by:||Who proposed the feature or bug fix|
|Time:||Estimate of the implementation time|
|Developer:||Who will implement the feature or bug fix|
|Request ID||Summary||Proposed by||Time||Developer||Status|
|2870755||Accessing the stack||spth||postponed|
|sdas merge with asxxxx 5.0||borutr||a lot more||borutr/maarten||work in progress|
|2933889||_Bool won't work in structs||spth||spth||QUASIDONE|
|1710546||struct: aggregate assignment||spth||postponed|
|674638||structures cannot be passed as function parameters||spth||postponed|
|3400613||Performance and code size regression||spth||spth||DONE|
|3326880||float classification macros||spth||postponed|
|3502632||gcc-torture-execute-20010224-1 fails for z80-related||spth||postponed|
|3502631||gcc-torture-execute-20030408-1 fails for auto variables on s||spth||postponed|
|3513256||long long integer constants||spth|
|3486538||gcc-torture-execute-pr28982a fails on r2k||spth||postponed|
|3531687||Comparisons between bool and char broken||spth||maarten||DONE|
|3539508||Non-literal pointer expression treated as literal||spth||epetrich||DONE|
|3537338||Error 9 FATAL Compiler Internal Error||spth||maarten||DONE|
|3537139||Wrong type in argument||spth||epetrich||DONE|
|3540054||Compiler error with string initializer constants||spth||postponed|
|3289630||variable length arrays||spth||postponed|
|3495899||CSE ignores pointer aliasing problems.||spth||postponed|
|3512525||Macros in float.h||spth||postponed|
|3575227||Initialized data stored twice in the output (string lit.)||spth||postponed|
|3513308||Wrong variable used due to deferred symbol binding||spth||epetrich||DONE|
|3573141||Handle static vars like global ones in initialization||spth||postponed|
|3577669||Broken compile-time int division (gcc-torture-execute-20021)||spth||epetrich||DONE|
|327||mcs51 code in device/lib||spth||postponed|
SDCC 3.3.0 Feature List
There is always a problem to create a list of new features when a new SDCC release is announced. The following list is an attempt to create such a list "on the fly". Every time a new feature which is visible or interesting for the SDCC users is implemented, it should be added to the following list.
- Many small improvements in code generation for the z80-related ports - merged smallopts branch
- lospre (currently enabled for z80-related and hc08-related ports only) - merged lospre branch
- More efficient initialization of globals in z80, z180, r2k and r3ka ports.
- Inclusion of tests from the gcc test suite into the sdcc regression test suite led to many bugs being found and fixed.
- Split sdas390 from sdas8051
- Merged big parts of ASxxxx v5 into sdas
- New pic devices (synchronization with MPLABX 1.60). (Except for very old MCU-s.)
- New script which disassembles those hex files, in which MCS51 code there is. (mcs51-disasm.pl)
- Added the PIC16F1788 and PIC16F1789 devices.
- C11 _Alignof operator.
- C11 _Alignas alignment specifier.
- C11 _Static_Assert static assertion.