SDCC 2.9.0 Release
SDCC 2.9.0 was released on 2009-03-22.
SDCC 2.9.0 Release schedule
|Delivery||Planned date||Actual date|
|SDCC 2.9.0 RC1||2009-03-01||2009-03-01|
|SDCC 2.9.0 RC2||2009-03-15||2009-03-15|
|SDCC 2.9.0 Release||2009-03-22||2009-03-22|
See the SDCC 2.9.0 Release Plan.
SDCC 2.9.0 Tasks
If you think there is a functionality that should be included or a bug that needs to be fixed in the SDCC 2.9.0 release, please submit it to the Feature Requests at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=599&atid=350599 or Bugs at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=599&atid=100599 and copy Request ID and Summary fields to the following table, where:
|Request ID:||Request ID from Feature Requests or Bugs|
|Summary:||Summary from Feature Requests or Bugs|
|Proposed by:||Who proposed the feature or bug fix|
|Time:||Estimate of the implementation time|
|Developer:||Who will implement the feature or bug fix|
|Request ID||Summary||Proposed by||Time||Developer||Status|
|1875933||Evelyn jumps into the void||[user:spth]||[user:borutr]||DONE|
|1947081||Crash in peephole optimizer||[user:spth]||POSTPONED|
|2646174||dest parameter for memcpy/ldir garbled||[user:spth]||POSTPONED|
SDCC 2.9.0 Feature List
There is always a problem to create a list of new features when a new SDCC release is announced. The following list is an attempt to create such a list "on the fly". Every time a new feature which is interesting for the SDCC users is implemented, it should be added to the following list.
- sdcpp synchronized with GNU cpp 4.3.3
- Integer constants written in binary (prefix 0b or 0B, followed by a sequence of 0 and 1digits) are now supported as a SDCC extension.
- pic16 *printf() library functions return int
- disabled support of undocumented and not standard compliant 'b' binary format specifier ("%b", "%hb" and "%lb") in pic16 *printf() and printf_tiny() library functions
- fixed initialization of unnamed bitfields members of objects of structure and union type
- many optimizations to reduce code size and increase speed in the Z80 backend
- added support for ar format libraries to adcc asxxxx
- libraries, included in sdcc packages, are in ar format
- sdcc asxxxx license changed to GPLv3
- added support for many PIC16 devices