SDCC 3.7.0 Release
|Delivery||Planned date||Actual date|
|SDCC 3.7.0 RC1||2017-05-01|
|SDCC 3.7.0 RC2||2017-05-06|
|SDCC 3.7.0 Release||2017-05-11|
See the SDCC 3.7.0 Release Plan.
If you think there is a functionality that should be included or a bug that needs to be fixed in the release, please submit it to the Feature Requests at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=599&atid=350599 or Bugs at http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=599&atid=100599 and copy Request ID and Summary fields to the following table, where:
|Request ID:||Request ID from Feature Requests or Bugs|
|Summary:||Summary from Feature Requests or Bugs|
|Proposed by:||Who proposed the feature or bug fix|
|Time:||Estimate of the implementation time|
|Developer:||Who will implement the feature or bug fix|
|Request ID||Summary||Proposed by||Time||Developer||Status|
|2870755||Accessing the stack||spth|
|sdas merge with asxxxx 5.0||borutr||a lot more||borutr/maarten||work in progress|
|2085||mcs51/ds390 bool fails when bit type is not allowed||spth||DONE|
|1710546||struct: aggregate assignment||spth|
|674638||structures cannot be passed as function parameters||spth|
|3326880||float classification macros||spth|
|3502632||gcc-torture-execute-20010224-1 fails for z80-related||spth|
|3289630||variable length arrays||spth|
|3495899||CSE ignores pointer aliasing problems.||spth|
|3573141||Handle static vars like global ones in initialization||spth|
|327||mcs51 code in device/lib||spth|
|1731||More sdcdb bugs||spth|
|403||Regression testing for pic16||spth|
|1866||[PIC16] Global variables not initialized to 0 by default (maybe enable crt0iz as default)||DiegoHerranz||QUASIDONE|
|2241||wrong code generated for a function call inside nested loops||spth|
|451||Intermingled declarations and code||spth|
|165||C99 compliance: for (int i=0; ...||spth||spth||DONE|
|450||K & R function style||spth|
|2545||signed enum comparisons fail||spth||maarten||DONE|
|2559||Wrong operand in left shift by literal||spth||DONE|
|2539||expression with bool result assigned to bitfield generates wrong code||spth||DONE|
|2542||Cast overwrites lower byte of 16-bit result (andgets wrong upper byte)||spth||spth||DONE|
|2585||Wrong result in left shift of int by int||spth||maarten||DONE|
There is always a problem to create a list of new features when a new SDCC release is announced. The following list is an attempt to create such a list "on the fly". Every time a new feature which is visible or interesting for the SDCC users is implemented, it should be added to the following list.
- Changed putchar() prototype from void putchar(char) to int putchar(int) to improve standard-compliance and allow error reporting.
- Various speed improvements in stm8 backend - Dhrystone score more than doubled, resulting in SDCC achieving the highest Dhrystone scores among STM8 C implementations.
- Various speed improvements for multiplications resulting in SDCC achieving the highest Coremark scores among STM8 C implementations.
- Declarations in for loops (ISO C99).
- 64-bit integers (long long) for the mcs51 backend.
- Full _Bool support for mcs51 and ds390 backend (now _Bool is fully supported in SDCC regardless of backend).
- Additional wide character library functions: mbstowcs() and wcstombs(), btowc() and wctob(), wcscmp(), wcslen().
- Changed PRNG for rand() from LCG to xorshift to improve speed and quality.
- Support for Small-C calling convention on the callee side (i.e. function definitions with Small-C calling convention).